Users expect to receive the right message on the right platform -- personalized to suit their need, frequency of product/service use, location, season, among other such factors. On engagement campaigns such as emails or push notifications, this is all the more crucial since irrelevance can churn them away for good. Creating such personalized campaigns as well as refreshing them is faster and error-free when you integrate Rocketium with your marketing automation solution. Here we see how that works on CleverTap Benefits of the integration to run personalized campaigns --
- Zero manual effort: Eliminates all manual downloading and uploading, across segments. Edit and export to refresh live campaigns.
- Flexibility to hyper-personalize content: The seamless process lets you personalize campaigns at micro-levels, unlocking better engagement.
- More growth in fewer hours: Both campaign creation timelines, as well as operations, will be free from the last-minute hustle, letting you focus on strategy.
Begin with a source to serve personalized content. In this case, it’s the relevant project within your Rocketium account. Create a new project using the required template.
Hypothetically, we are running a multi-language campaign across regions. The copy, offers, and product shots are all changing to suit different user cohorts in different regions.
- This banner, for example, is created to suit users in Bangalore
- This banner is for gender-based segmenting -- targeting men
The level of personalized typically matches your targeting priorities -- user behavior, location, language, seasonal specialties, or user journey.
- 1.Export sample spreadsheet from the project
- 2.Edit spreadsheet to add metadata columns. In this case study, we will add
segmentas personalized tags
- 4.Import spreadsheet created in above step in the project
- 5.Click on export
Now that we have built a project and published it, we can further explore the DynamicLink API functionality. Click on the share button from the overflow menu and head over to DynamicLinks.
The left panel lists the metadata fields we have uploaded via spreadsheet. Selecting values of metadata from the left panel should render appropriate creatives as per Smart Links' API logic. On the left panel scroll down to the bottom and select location as Delhi and Gender as male and it should render a creative as follows:
Finally, copy the link from the bottom of this modal. This will be used in the next step to configure Linked Content.
The first step in CleverTap is to configure linked content. Linked content gives you the ability to personalize messages while running a campaign at run time.
- Sign in to your CleverTap account
- Head over to
- Click on create a new linked content icon
- Fill the form as follows
- Click on
Test Linked Contentbutton and provide values for personalization parameters
- It should return success with a json response
- Click on
Auto Fill Objects with response(this maps API response params with Linked Content reference labels)
- Finally, click on
Test & Save Changes**
Note**: This step needs admin access to CleverTap account
Once we set up linked content, we can start using the personalized campaigns.
For the scope of this document, we are running an email campaign but the process is the same for any type of channel -- such as rich push notifications
- Start by heading over to
Campaignssection and click on
Create New Campaignbutton
- Select the required channel from the list, right now we will be selecting Email
- Select campaign type → For now lets select
- Proceed with setting up message type
- Select a
Target Segmentor create an ad-hoc based on your requirement
Whatsection and select
new email with drag and droptemplate
- Time to build the email body, but let’s first do personalisation setup. Click on
Personalisation Setupbutton mentioned on top of
- Select the configured
Linked ContentAPI and map the query parameters with user attributes (this may vary based on the use case and CT account, as profile property varies from account to account) Click on
This basically builds a dynamic URL at run time based on user attributes and calls that URL. So when an email is delivered, it will contain personalized creative, based on the URLs response
- Save it and
Continue to Sender Details
- Fill in the sender details and click on continue
- Optionally configure
Email Service Provide
- Click on continue
- Finally, schedule the campaign from the preview screen
This should be the text email you receive for
Bangalore,for example -